Monday, September 13, 2010

Pinky's Hair Brampton Ontario

Link ... between two shores - Le Pont des Arts ...

Small bridge for pedestrians is a footbridge.
Not enough to make a poem?
And why not? A link between two banks , and if it was not dangerous! Possible, right?
In Paris, they crossed the Seine and the Canal Saint Martin ... If you unearth other, you tell me!

Season 4: the Pont des Arts
"If, by chance
On the Pont des Arts ..."

Venerable mine nothing!
"On behalf of the French people, Bonaparte, First Consul, Republic Act proclaims the following decree issued by the legislative body, 24 year Ventose IX [March 15, 1801], according to the proposal made by the Government on 18 that month, Tribunate communicated to the next.
Art. 1: There shall be three bridges in Paris on the Seine: the first between the Jardin des Plantes and Arsenal [Pont d'Austerlitz], the second between the islands of the City and the Brotherhood [Bridge City ] and the third to pass on foot between the Louvre and the Quai des Quatre Nations [Pont des Arts ].... "
A decree of the Consuls of 4 Thermidor, An X [July 25, 1802] request to the Company of Three Bridges, concessionaire company for the construction of 3 bridges, to build this bridge cast, political decision , aimed to encourage research and investment in this new material.

The Pont des Arts is the first iron bridge built in France.
The selected design of Louis-Alexandre de Cessart (1719-1806), dean of the Inspectors General of Highways, is a light bridge "for passing off." It Jacques Vincent Lacroix Dillon (1760-1807) which ensures the construction of the bridge inaugurated September 23, 1803.
His name? The Louvre, his nearest neighbor was then called the Palace of Arts.
Already resting place, dating and life,
is equipped with benches, bins and decorated with shrubs and flowers.
The passage on the bridge assumes, as usual at this time, payment of a toll, "a penny" until 1848!
Nine cast iron arches of 18.5 m span (he will lose in 1852 because of the expansion of the Quai Conti), based on piles of masonry high enough to guarantee the navigation template.
Yet weakened by repeated impacts due to such barges, part of the bridge collapsed in 1979. It was rebuilt in steel, cast iron structure does not allow repair.

is, between 1982 and 1984, LG Arretche (1905-1991) which carries the new bridge, almost identical, 155m long, with seven arches symmetrical circular steel of 22m opening .
The deck, wide 11m consists of five beams 152 m covered with a floor ekki, wood rot of African origin. The navigable channels are aligned with those of the Pont Neuf.

Venerable therefore - two centuries, and some perilous-episodes
always dashing, elegant, very celebrated, his position offers a unique perspective.
"It is certain that the panorama unfolding Arts around the bridge is really beautiful. Here the Palais Mazarin, the Mint, docks Malaquais and Voltaire. In the distance, on one side, the towers of Notre-Dame the spire of the Sainte-Chapelle, the Pont-Neuf, on the other hand, the Pont du Carrousel
and the Bridge Royal, with their back-and-fro of cars and pedestrians " (from General History of the Bridges of Paris written in 1911 by Charles DUPLOMB (Officer of the Legion of Honour) -, and Boat ...
Walker on deck, have you noticed that you do not see not the building of the Institute (the beautiful golden dome) over its entire height ? You understand why the amount (or down) the few steps that connect the platforms of each side of the floor deck!
Gateway Arts connects the Institut de France, the Cour Carree du Louvre.

The Institut de France, at 23, quai Conti (Paris 6th), on the left bank of the Seine, since 1805, occupies a building that was originally intended welcome to the College des Quatre Nations project Mazarin (1602-1661). On the evening of his life, anxious to perpetuate the glory of his name, the cardinal-minister distributed by will, his vast fortune. King Louis XIV, then aged twenty-four years, he bequeathed an important crucial for building a college for the education of sixty young noblemen born in the four provinces - Artois, Alsace, and Pinerolo Catalonia (Roussillon and Cerdanya) - newly conquered and linked to France by the Treaty of Westphalia (1648) and the Pyrenees (1659). It's Colbert (1619-1683) who is appointed by the king to make wills Cardinal.

The building was built from 1673 to 1677, on the site of the Tour de Nesle, three architects Le Vau (1613 to 1676 ) Lambert and Orbay. It consists of two curved wings, arranged in a semicircle, ending in square pavilions. At its center, a chapel-like Jesuit is surmounted by a dome (the dome).

It houses the library Mazarine, the first library open to the public in 1643.
is the name under which are gathered the five academies :
depuis1635 French Academy,
Academy of Inscriptions and Belles Lettres (1663),
Academy of Sciences (1666),
Academy of Fine Arts (founded in 1816 by the union of academies of painting, sculpture, etc., older)
Academy of Sciences Moral and Political (founded in 1795, abolished in 1803 and restored in 1832).
is a royal ordinance of 1832 which gave it its present form. With a huge real estate (area of Chantilly Chateaux de Langeais and Chaalis, Musée Jacquemart-André, ...), it can distribute a large number of prizes and awards.

Court Square Louvre (Paris 1), is a long history ... on which I ... want to dwell a little. Go down the few stairs at the end of the bridge right bank, cross the road and walk into this Court Square.
Facing the fountain, to your left, the west wing, the oldest.
The main building Renaissance are punctuated by three orders of architecture. At the first level arcades and Corinthian on the second level, fluted columns and projecting rectangular windows on the third level, still less high than the others, the sculptures of Jean Goujon (1510-1567), hymn to the French sovereign, Francis.

In 1546, it chose as the Louvre, the project architect Pierre Lescot (1510-1578), a quadrangular court the contours the medieval walls (the southwest quarter of the current square yard), around which is projected an overall U-shaped to obtain a large body open to the east with two wings. The main wing located to the west should therefore be separated into two by a staircase in the center, while the two wings to the north and south should have only one floor.
From December 1546 to March 1549 has held the demolition of the western part of the walls of Philippe Auguste.
The death of Francis I (in 1547) was suspended but not the business of Lescot which continued during the reigns of Henri II, Charles IX and Henri III, razing entire sections of the medieval Louvre for replace it with a Renaissance palace. Within certain limits, however: the work of Lescot remains indeed in the grip of the old fortress and is limited to its west and south wings ( either half of the two existing wings Court Square, in front and left without saying when you look at the pyramid ).
architect Jacques Lemercier (1585-1654), commissioned by Louis XIII (1610-1643) the modernization of the old Louvre, continues the courtyard, while respecting the original style Lescot, and giving an important role to flags. Thus, in the north wing Lescot, Lemercier built the Pavillon de l'Horloge, it extends another wing, a carbon copy of that of Lescot to maintain a harmonious symmetry.
Sculptors Jacques Sarazin (1592-1660), Gilles Guerin, Philippe de Brister execute the decoration of new building parts.
These are big figures in bas-relief well beyond the façade, unlike the facade Lescot.

In 1660, the architect Louis Le Vau was commissioned by a royal ordinance of Louis XIV's Louvre project completion, including the completion of the north wing of the Court Square (Rivoli present) ; from 1661 to 1663, extending the south wing (the Seine) with an oriental pavilion, symmetrical pavilion King Renaissance and a central pavilion. From 1668, Le Vau's palace doubling in width, the first front in the south wing, facing the Seine, completed in 1663, disappears in favor of a new facade. The last remains of the medieval Louvre are demolished.
In 1662, Louis XIV wanted to put the grand entrance of the Louvre on the facade facing the city of Paris . In 1667, after abandoning a project of Bernini considered poorly integrated with existing buildings, Le Vau and Claude Perrault Orbay to propose the construction of the colonnade : facing the city, a monumental facade dominated by a double peristyle columns occupies the whole floor.
The major work is completed in 1672, while the king gradually abandoned the Louvre to Versailles, where he settled permanently in 1678. The buildings of the Court Square in the state are left without roofs and open to the winds, they remain nearly a century.
From 1756, Louis XV ordered the resumption of the Louvre to complete the wings built under Louis XIV. The final roofing north, east and south and parallel are asked, the property situated at the feet of the colonnade are demolished. This, finally released , affirmed in all its monumentality . A whole series of buildings located in the parasitic Court Square disappear.
In 1811 (First Empire), the facades of the Court Square and decorated are unified.
Stairs rise at each end of the Colonnade whose main lodge has a bronze door and an eardrum. It architect Pierre Fontaine (1762-1863) who made this upgrade museum (already open since August 10, 1793) and embellishment of the palace.

Along the right bank quay, these large scaffolds in the Louvre?
The Cour Visconti, after major refurbishment and development , hosting collections of Islamic Art from the Louvre . The works of the eighth and final department (created by decree in 2003), currently exhibited in twelve rooms in the mezzanine section "ancient East", will take place in the heart of the south wing of the Palace. These are the architects Rudy Ricciotti and Mario Bellini who won the competition (2005), with an ultra-modern project.

Future areas of Islamic Art in the Visconti courtyard of the Denon wing of the Louvre, Paris. Image © Musée du Louvre / A. Ricciotti & M. Bellini.
"The Cour Visconti will not be covered and remain visible through a luminous veil" (Rudy Ricciotti): Poetry and transparency, this is the bias of the two winning architects.
Construction began in January 2009. They will be completed in early 2011, public reception mid-2012.

The Pont des Arts has always been there loves ...
Sainte-Beuve (1804-1869):
"With a starry sky on this beautiful bridge Arts ,
Returning later and one of the city that rumbles,
thousand times I have dreamed of Eden in this world
Would this lead to my sweet angel eyes .... "

May 14, 2010:
"Where are past the" love locks "of the Pont des Arts?
Thousands of padlocks hung on the railings of the Pont des Arts in Paris have disappeared. Called "love locks", they were tied there by those who promised eternal happiness and then threw the keys in the Seine. They were in early May 1600, and today it remains more than a quarantine. The mayor of Paris and the police say there be for nothing. "

The Pont des Arts, shows there is ...
PUB and even gets involved.
Remember, Kate Winslet, in 1999, at dawn on the Pont des Arts to promote the merits of a fragrance of a famous mark,

and you know that a line of lingerie brand reputation bears his name?

The Pont des Arts has always found there ...
Spring 1999, Ousmane Sow and sculptures on the Pont des Arts! This is an excellent memory ...

"If, by chance
On the Pont des Arts
You pass wind, wind rogue
caution ', take Guard your petticoat
If, by chance
On the Pont des Arts
You pass wind, wind rascal
Prudent, look out for your hat ... "The wind (Georges Brassens 1953)

risk to take ...


Post a Comment